Elaboration of the Lielupe, Venta and Dauguva River Basin Districts Management Plans
Elaborate the Lielupė, Venta and Dauguva river basin districts (RBD) management plans, according to the Water Framework Directive (WFD) requirements. The elaborated plans will contribute to reduction of water pollution in Lithuania and neighbouring countries as well as the Baltic sea. The project is also meant to increase public awareness and institutional capacities to administer water bodies on the ground of RBD.
- Characterize the Venta, Lielupė and Dauguva RBD according to the WFD requirements;
- Perform water use and cost benefit analysis for water supply in the key RBD;
- Set water protection goals in the Venta, Lielupė and Dauguva RBD and prepare measurement programs to reach them;
- Elaborate the Lielupė, Venta and Dauguva RBD management plans;
- Strengthen institutional capacities to administer water bodies on the ground of RBD;
- Raise public awareness and involvement into water management on the ground of RBD.
Tel. +370 5 215 9287
The project is financed by the EU Strutural Funds and the republic of Lithuania