Awareness Raising of Local Stakeholders in Transboundary River Basin of Lielupe-Muša on the Priority Hazardous Substances
The overall goal of the project is to improve water quality of the transboundary Lielupe-Musa river basin by reducing emission of priority hazardous substances to the environment.
- 2 parts trainings for industrial enterprises (SMEs)/ professional users of chemicals on identification of hazardous substances in their processes and products (including home work in between), ca. 20 enterprises trained
- Information day for farmers on hazardous substances in plant protection products and how to avoid them, ca. 40-50 farmers involved
- Info leaflets/publications on identification and substitution of hazardous substances for public/NGOs, industry/ professional users and farmers
- International workshop on hazardous substances for water environment (in Latvia)
- Workshop for Lielupe-Musa river basin stakeholders (including Latvian) on possible measures for reduction of hazardous substances emitted to water (in Latvia).
Tel. 8 5 215 9287
Phare Cross Border Co-operation Programme in the Baltic Sea Region for Latvia 2002 and UNDP Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF SGP)